Mechanical Lead Engineer
On-site / Full-time
SparkNano B.V. (Eindhoven, the Netherlands) develops, builds, and sells industrial-scale Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition (S-ALD) equipment which enables our customers – the world’s leading Electrolyser, Green Hydrogen, Battery, and Display companies – to manufacture state-of-the-art electrolyzers, next-generation batteries, and displays.
Do you have a similar passion for technology as we have? Do you want to join a dynamic fast-growing team to support customers with their high-tech green energy challenges by commercializing state-of-the-art technology? We want to meet you!
To do the mechatronic and mechanical design of the full product and sub-modules of the next-generation SparkNano spatial ALD equipment. This includes designing, engineering, creating, and testing (sub)modules, within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs, and planning considerations.
THE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Translate system specifications into feasible mechanical design specifications
- Responsible for the technical product documentation using 3D modeling, BOM structures, and design documents in order to unambiguously explain the design to suppliers.
- Perform design of mechanical layout, tooling, packaging, and mixed pneumatic/mechatronic modules with quality.
- Define test specifications and ensure that prototypes are built and tested accordingly.
- Maintain technical relations with the suppliers of SparkNano
- Closely cooperate with the other engineering team members of SparkNano
- Closely cooperate and coordinate external parties that support SparkNano
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to do advanced mechanic calculations and analysis such as FEM.
- Familiar with static design, strength, and kinematic constraint calculations
- Setting up mechanical tolerance analysis for mechanical modules
- 5 years of working experience in related technical areas of Mechanical design of mono parts, and mechatronic modules.
- Both 3D/2D modeling and drafting experience for mono parts and assemblies using NX.
- Eager to learn
- Team player able to convince others with different cultural backgrounds.
- Self-driven, pro-active, hands-on, and get-it-done mentality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from all levels in a professional manner
SparkNano is a nanotechnology revolution for a green energy future. As an OEM equipment supplier in the high-tech Brainport region of the Netherlands, SparkNano designs manufactures, and commercializes Spatial ALD tools ranging from versatile LAB tools (LabLine)to highly efficient mass production FAB tools (Vellum & Omega) with high throughput and low cost of ownership.
What we solve: SparkNano’s product range enables its customers to scale seamlessly from lab-to-fab. In addition to offering high-quality products, SparkNano’s unique and patented technology makes it possible to significantly reduce the use of scarce materials in electrolysis, such as Iridium and Platinum, and to improve the performance and stability of the next generation of batteries and solar cells
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at +31 6 14852919 or send an e-mail to Paul.Poodt@spark-nano.com. If you want to apply, then please send your application by submitting the form below.