Senior Process Engineer
On-site / Full-time
SparkNano B.V. (Eindhoven, the Netherlands) develops, builds, and sells industrial-scale Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition (S-ALD) equipment which enables our customers – the world’s leading Electrolyser, Green Hydrogen, Battery, and Display companies – to manufacture state-of-the-art electrolyzers, next-generation batteries, and displays.
We are looking for an experienced process engineer to support the development and commercialization of our Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition technology that our customers use to develop- and mass-produce high-efficiency, long-lifetime energy devices with minimal use of critical materials. This is a senior role, with a mix of working in the lab, developing new technology and applications, and interacting with our customers.
THE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- To develop and maintain world-class expertise in Spatial ALD equipment, processes, precursors, and their use in our customer’s applications.
- Interact with our customers to understand their applications and technical needs, and give support in getting the best performance out of our technology
- To develop and optimize Spatial ALD processes and materials and perform depositions for our customers and partners to get our technology acknowledged and qualified
- Identify new opportunities and applications for our technology
- Together with your engineering colleagues, take a hands-on approach to solve process- and equipment challenges and suggest improvements to our products
- Manage R&D projects
- Write Technical-, Process- and Application Notes to maintain a knowledge database, generate new IP and present technical progress to professional audiences
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Relevant technical education (MSc or Ph.D. degree in (applied) physics, chemistry, material science or related fields), combined with at least 2 years’ experience in a comparable role.
- Experience with thin-film deposition, preferably with Atomic Layer Deposition. Experience in an industrial environment is preferred
- Knowledge about electrolysis, fuel cells and/or batteries is preferred
- A hands-on mentality, pro-active, solution-driven, engaged and eager to learn
- A team player, who feels at home in an interdisciplinary team
- Flexibility and ability to cope with the dynamics of a start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SparkNano B.V. (Eindhoven, the Netherlands) develops, builds, and sells R&D and industrial scale Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition (S-ALD) equipment which enables our customers – the world’s leading Electrolyser, Green Hydrogen, and Battery companies – to manufacture state of the art electrolysers, fuel cells, and next-generation batteries.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at +31 6 14852919 or send an e-mail to Paul.Poodt@spark-nano.com. If you want to apply, then please send your application by submitting the form below.